My approach to leadership development is active, challenging, and intensive. My extensive experience, over more than 30 years, leads me to build my programs out of real-time, and real, experiences, starting in residential workshops, and continuing through action learning on the job - in this way, it begins in the context of the program group itself, and moves to the workplace, supported by reflection and application.
All of my programs are bespoke - designed specifically for and in collaboration with my clients, and drawing on the most effective, robust and adaptive models of recent decades.
I integrate the full range of learning which underpins comprehensive leadership development - leadership frameworks and skills, self-awareness, relationship capability, group dynamics, adult learning theory, and organisational dynamics.
My designs work with the emerging dynamics of each course group, while relevant content and theory are integrated with those dynamics at the right time, for the utmost impact.
I have designed and facilitated a large range of tailored programs in organisations ...
- ranging from construction projects and industrial plants to corporate settings
- with target groups from Executive Teams and senior managers to shop-floor workers
- project teams, management teams, by company strata, cross-organisational groups, and multi-level groups
- private sector companies, state and local government agencies, and not-for-profits
- industry sectors including resources, logistics, IT, primary industries, engineering construction, road and rail, healthcare, leisure, and manufacturing
My leadership development programs have ranged from three days with follow-on workshops and coaching to fifteen months built around a corporate group project and several residential intensives.